Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My friend Morgan Sorensen ran for senior class president at the U this semester and I told her I wanted to help in any way I could. She definitely took me up on it and I became the marketing director for her campaign. Can you say awesome opportunity?! From the logo on up I designed the posters and t-shirts for all 64 Senate and Assembly Candidates as well as posters for Morgan, John and Chase.

I came close to pulling my hair out a couple of times and it proved to be a challenging experience for sure, but in the end it was all worth it -- I learned so much and got to see my design literally wallpapered across campus and the student body's student bodies. That was definitely the coolest part. There was even an article in The Chronicle praising my designs. Woohoo! Yes I'm tooting my own horn, but if I don't, who will?


Anyways, throughout the long election process the DGs all helped out Morgan in any way we could by making posters for her debate, going to parties, tabling on campus, making our own Morgan t-shirts, and just repping our girl!


In the end, the election was a complete success with the majority of the NOW candidates winning including Morgan, Chase and John. Quoted from The Chronicle: "As a whole, NOW captured 10 of the 15 Senate seats and 43 of the 49 Assembly seats. Morgan Sorensen, the NOW Party’s candidate, edged Tevita Uesi of the ICE Party for ASUU senior class president, claiming 57.4 percent of the 1,503 votes cast."

We all celebrated in Mexico for a week after it was all over.
24 DGs on a cruise in Mexico... could you ask for anything more fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment