Sunday, April 11, 2010

Add Them to the Queue

Just stumbled upon this website, Official Best of Fest. These guys watch all of the festival entries and rank the best movies we've never seen. They've even broken them down into categories like "Films to Make You Think" and "Films for Dog Lovers." I'm all about this idea. Can't wait to start ticking these off on Netflix.

Speaking of which, my best movie that you've never seen? It's my all-time favorite movie and if you have seen it you know how great it is, right? It's Audrey Hepburn's first movie, called Roman Holiday. This is a movie I could watch over and over and over again. It's fun, light and charming with a simple story and genuine characters. Kind of like life. The stories that really captivate me aren't the grand, fantastic tales, but rather ones about extraordinary people placed in ordinary circumstances. Or I suppose sometimes it is ordinary people who find themselves in extraordinary circumstances. Either way, there is something beautiful in that.

Some other of my favorites: What's Up Doc, Stranger Than Fiction, the new Pride & Prejudice, The Graduate, Royal Tenembaums, Finding Neverland, Philadelphia Story, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Mrs. Miniver, the last shot on stage in Walk the Line (I just love that), 500 Days of Summer, and more. If you have any favorites I've never seen, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Love love love Roman Holiday. And also I just recently saw Royal Tenenbaums and liked it a lot - how can I not have heard of that movie until recently? It has tons of my favorite people in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Steph. If it weren't for the new Pride and Prejudice we could be movie soulmates. I love everything else on your list though.

    ReplyDelete