Monday, December 7, 2009

What a Cold-Driving-Writing-Flyers-DG-Russian Day

Today was a good day. It kind of crescendoed in the sense that this morning my outlook on life was bleak as it was so early and so cold, as Monday mornings always seem to be. By the end of the day, however, this Monday turned into an amazing one. Here's the play-by-play:

I thought I was going to be late to school today because, well, I'm always late, but today I knew I would make it on time because saw the Cullen Baseball team Honda. Allow me to explain. I've gotten Foothill Drive down to a science as I drive it at least once every day, if not more. The left lane is usually the quickest, so I usually take that route. I know that I will be on time to class if I see the Twilight Honda (which is usually in the middle lane), and today I did! The pic below was taken the first time I saw this car over two months ago (you can tell I'm a rookie because I'm in the slow lane with her), but I thought it had such a funny sticker that I took a picture. Now I've never read the Twilight books, but in the movie I learned that the Cullen family can only play baseball during thunder storms because when they hit the ball it is so loud it sounds like thunder... or something like that. The sticker says "Hear the Thunder, Cullen Baseball." It always gives me a smile when I see this car because not only is it such a silly sticker, but I know I won't be late!


My news writing class today. You can tell there wasn't much news I was writing.

I then spent the rest of my day running around getting posters and flyers ready for the Sub for Santa Christmas Dance Party at the DG house on December 18th (tell your friends). Printing off the posters at Moreton & Co I not only hung out with my dad, but Mick and Granddaddy too! Talk about a family affair.

After our last DG meeting of the semester, which was a blast, Abby, Masha, Taylor Brody and I went to the Ivory Russian Christmas party. Yeah, still doesn't make sense, but it was fun! Borsch, stroganoff and cabbage abounded as well as silly hats and the usual Ivory entertainment. Ellis had his shirt off, Smeegs was reading Tolstoy in a Russian accent per Chris' request, Clark was taking faraway pics and we were all laughing in the back. I think that paints enough of the picture.



С Рождеством!

No comments:

Post a Comment